1. Rajinikanth real name is Shivaji Rao Gaekwad was named after Chhatrapati Shivaji a Maratha warrior King.
2. Rajinikanth is best known for his unique style, dialogues’, and his simplicity.
3. Rajinikanth’s debut made by K. Balachander’s Tamil drama Apoorva Raagangal (1975).
4. Rajinikanth is the most popular actor in south India referred by media and audience
5. His style of flipping the cigarette made him popular among the audience.
6. Rajinikanth’s popularity as coming from his larger-than-life super-hero appearance in many films, supported by gravity-defying stunts and charismatic expressions, and punchlines delivered by him in an inimitable style.
7. Rajinikanth is the highest paid actor in Asia (55crore or 8.5 million USD).
8. Everybody knows that he worked as bus conductor but also worked as coolie and carpenter.
9. Rajinikanth has also appeared the American film Bloodstone (1988).
10. He lost his mother when he was 9 years old.
11. As a child has a great interest in cricket, football and basket ball.
12. Rajinikanth has religiously visited major Hindu temples prior to the release of each of his films.
13. Rajinikanth never attends his film’s premiere.
14. Rajinikanth quit smoking cause urged by his fans to do.
15. Rajnikanth who hadn’t celebrated his birthday in Chennai almost for 20 years cause three of his fans died in an accident on their way back from his birthday celebration.
15. K Balachander, who gave Rajini his first acting break, named him Rajinikanth because there could be only one ‘Sivaji’ in the south Indian film industry and that was the senior actor Sivaji Ganesan.
16. He is still with his old friend Raj Badar a coworker during his days as a bus conductor and also did a cameo in his 1993 Tamil film Valli.
17. “Rajinikanth facts” or “Rajinikanth jokes” are widely circulated in text messages and memes over the Internet. These satirical jokes have also inspired several mobile applications for iOS and Android.
18. Rajinikanth learned to speak Tamil after advised by the Tamil film director K. Balachandar.
19. Rajinikanth is also the only Indian actor to be featured in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) syllabus in India, in a lesson titled From Bus Conductor to Superstar
20. After opening his first official Twitter account in 2014, Rajinikanth received over 210,000 followers within 24-hours, it’s the fastest rate of followers for any Indian celebrity, as well as among the top-10 in the world by ECONOMIC TIMES.
21. Rajinikanth is a follower of Hinduism, spiritualism, and a strong believer of spirituality, and also a practitioner of yoga and meditation.
22. Rajinikanth undertook a day-long fast to protest the Government of Karnataka’s decision to not release Kaveri River water into Tamil Nadu and announced that he would contribute ₹10 million(US$160,000) toward a plan to interlink Indian rivers in 2002.
23. In 2002, Rajinikanth Starred in Baba which also written and screenplay by him. Rajinikanth himself repaid the losses incurred by the distributors due to the heavy loss at blockbuster.
24. Rajinikanth also honored with the Padma Bhushan (2000) and the Padma Vibhushan (2016) by the Government of India.